7.07.2010

First... Taste of Cereal!

So today was Isaiah's 4 month doctor's appointment and I got the OK from Dr. Smith to give him cereal. (Sad, our doctor is moving to SLC to work Primary Children's) So this evening for dinner, he ate about 1/2 a tablespoon of oatmeal cereal mixed with formula!!!!


At first he was not sure what I was holding up to his mouth because at this point he knows what the bottle is and opens his mouth for it. And he stared at me when I put it in his mouth for a few seconds and started sucking. It took a minute but he started warming up to the idea. He started putting his finger in his mouth to try and figure out what was going on... but he liked it and opened his mouth for more. But halfway done he got tired of that because it was almost bedtime and he just wanted his bottle since he had shots today. (Yes, I cried more and longer than he did)


Overall, it was a good first experience. Now I just need to fear allergies... I almost want to sleep on the floor next to the crib just in case. I have a sleeping bad in the closet, maybe I will...

No comments:

Post a Comment