10.20.2011

Isaiah's Gnome Costume

Isaiah's first Halloween was last year and he was only 9 months old. He was not doing any trick or treating obviously so we did not buy a fancy costume. He was a cute little baseball player, it was a fun sleeper outfit. He peed through it 2 hours after we put it on him.

This year he will somewhat understand that there will be fun to be had, but probably will flip about some costumes he sees. But we decided last year that it would be so cute if he was a little garden gnome! And no, it had nothing to do with the movie Gnomeo and Juliet. But I only found one costume online and it was so ugly! So I decided to put one together. It will be NOTHING fancy by any stretch of the imagination but it will be cute.

He is going to wear gray sweat pants and a cute long sleeve royal blue shirt. This was based on one of my favorite cartoons growing up called "David the Gnome" on Nick Jr.


But the hat was my project. I am not a crafter by any means but this was easy! Because I used Super Glue, oh yeah. I bought a foam birthday hat from the craft store and some red felt. I cut the felt to fit and super glued it on, since this hat will totally be used after Halloween, kidding. I then took some blue felt and "patched" it on the hat and it is so cute! Even with the price of the shirt of $4, total for the costume is $5.50. Not bad.

I had red felt strands glued to my hands for a couple of days though... but my kid is cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment