10.01.2011

Zucchini Muffin Overload!

So as of late I have become proud to say I am becoming a good, pretty decent, cook. (Hold the are you kiddings, I am serious). I recently found an amazing recipe for Zucchini Bread Muffins and fell in love!

So when I ran out of it, I asked my parents for some. My father was admitted to EIRMC this last Monday, but he said that he had picked a pile for me and left it in his garden. So I went to get it and there was about 20 POUNDS! I figured I could make a ton of muffins from this and was a wee bit excited.



I started with the largest Zucchini and when I was done sending this giant beast through the food processor I realized that there was a good problem. This one Zucchini made my recipe by 4 times! I had to pull out the punch bowl to mix it all because I did it in two batches but confused a few of the measurements. To make sure it turned out right I had to mix it all together. 12 cups of grated Zucchini later, I have muffins! I took about 20 to my parents house, some plain with white chocolate chips, some with craisins, and a loaf of raisen and nut for my father.

I had to put some in a ziplock and store in the fridge to finishing cooking later because my brother Joe and sister Kim came over from Washington to visiit with my father being in the hospital.



They discovered he has horribly high blood pressure but really that was it. They took him off of a ton of medication and he feels the best he has in months. It did scare me a lot though, and as Steve put it, "It feels like Superman is dying to you". And that is exactly what it was like. But I am grateful he feels so much better now and has energy to do more.

Especially since Isaiah loves him so much because they love to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment