11.23.2011

My Grateful Thanksgiving

I love fall, there is no better time of the year! I love the colors, the smells and the holidays. You get to layer your clothes and wear sweaters. And for the most part everyone is in a little bit better of a mood. 

I would like to start this year's Thanksgiving with a list of all the things I am thankful for. And after the sweet and tear jerking notes will be the ones we all recognize in life:

My testimony of the Gospel and my faith in God and Jesus Christ. Nothing is possible without them. All that I have is because of their gracious hand. And somehow they see fit to bestow continuous blessings on a very imperfect person as me.

My loving and so very supportive husband, Steve. He works so hard for our family and sacrifices a lot to keep our babies and I more than comfortable. He is giving and loyal beyond measure and I can not imagine a day with out him and the never ending teasing!

My children, Isaiah and Lilly. The light of my life (as I begin to cry). Who knew that two perfect babies would pick me to be their mother?! They teach me more than just patience. The love I have for them is breath-taking and makes me want to do the best that I can in every way so they can be proud of me. And I am so blessed to be able to stay at home with them everyday.

My parents, Jim and Sharron. For teaching me the value of hard work and nothing is free. If I want something, I will get it, I just have to work for it.

For my 3 older siblings, Nari, Joe and Kim (along with their amazing spouses). They are the support I need in life. But I wish I was closer with them than I am. Something to work on. (New Years resolution list starting)

For the parents and siblings I gained when I married Steve. Along with totally cool cousins!

ALL the nieces and nephews we have together. (17 to be exact)

The most perfect best friend for me, Jennifer LeAnn Michelle Haderlie. I can't live with out her. 

Steve having employment so I can stay at home with the kids. Enough to pay the bills and have a little leftover.

A warm and comfortable home. A yard for my son to run in. Reliable transportation. Food in my cabinets, fridge, freezer and storage room. A good hot shower. Cocoa. A good book with a blanket for hours into the night. Megan, Ashley, Shayna.

And now for the stuff I am grateful for that would make everything above here seem too heavy:

The internet for me to space out to when the kiddos go to bed. DVR. I never watch anything when it is actually on. Level burners on my stove. A Kitchen Aid Mixer, because I can't turn a spoon that much before passing out. Lots of storage room in my new car for who knows what, but that what has a home. Cabinets Isaiah can not reach (for only a couple more weeks). Ikea for annoying my husband (pure entertainment) and Cabela's for making him happy again. Hobo spider traps (kill them all). Washer and dryer, otherwise we would all be in dirty clothes. Snooze button. Cook books and recipes on Google (otherwise it's spaghetti every night). Blogs. Crockpot. Great bubble bath products. Spending money, (the $ Steve knows and does not know about). Rugs to cover the lunch spills. No pets to clean up after. Cell phones. GPS. Sunday afternoon naps. Steve on energy drinks.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy your day and eat all the food you want for tomorrow we exercise!

Bet

No comments:

Post a Comment