11.19.2011

Recalculating the Killer Carpet

So as all the world knows, Thursday night at midnight, Breaking Dawn came out. Feathers! Well my sister in law, Rhonda, won 2 free tickets to a 9pm pre-showing. She asked if I would want to go with her, really? That is already answered before I could speak. 

Josh and Steve watched the kids. (We drove down to Logan, UT and spent the night) Rhonda and I had to drive to Salt Lake City for the movie. It was in this really nice newer theater. On the way we used the GPS to make sure we got there as quickly as possible. We were having a great conversation when she shouts, "is that an animal?!?!?!" I say no, it is a person! (Mind you we are on the freeway in Utah, enough said) It was neither an animal or a human being, but a giant roll of carpet taking up the whole right hand lane. We slowly move around it and continue on our way. We then slam on the brakes again for a second roll of carpet. These rolls are big enough to total her minivan. And then just as we start to go, a THIRD roll appears. And the way people were flying around us it was a little scary.

As we were pulling into what I thought was maybe the movies the GPS went in the "blue" section and it did not know where we were. She said it was normal in parking lots but everywhere else it knew where we were.

Well when we got out of the amazing movie we started to try and figure out how to get back to Logan. We went straight when we should have gone right, and there it was, a fourth roll of carpet! Just kidding. But you thought it before you read it. It was a dead end into some construction. Well, we did not know what way to go so I looked at the GPS. "Rhonda, we are in the blue, it does not even know where to go... wait, stop turning you are turning the wrong way, stop!" And then I realized it was the "car' on the GPS trying to turn and because it did I thought we were. It was "recalculating" our route.

If you know me well enough, I always talk about getting a GPS. Now I am not so sure, I probably wouldn't be able to read it. Or probably get a ticket because I would be spinning in circles to follow the mini car on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment