12.16.2011

The Awful Truth About My New Year's Resolutions

Hello! Is everyone almost done with their Christmas shopping? I am not either. 

I may have to put a camera in my own stocking, it is no where to be found. Isaiah probably took it downstairs to the battleground of the 10 million toys. (My name for the family room)

But as we all know, the day after Christmas means a couple of things.

1. Dodging the mail-man (All the delight of watching your kids get the coolest things is now gone)
2. Looking at the kids play with all the boxes and wonder where on earth the actual toy is
3. Putting the scale from the bathroom floor to under the bed
and last but not least: 4. Making your New Year's Resolutions REAL quick since the new year is 5 days away.

Who actually makes all their resolutions? For those of you that do, I applaud you and you are my hero. Really. But in the normal world, we last about a month. So, this year I have come up with a full proof plan.

I will have a different resolution for each month! What do you all think? When you have too many, it is too hard to breath, relax and honestly be sane trying to accomplish them all. So one at a time people!

Here are mine:

1. Finally get up in the morning and exercise. At least 3 days a week. I do not go to a gym or anything. Just a couple of ten pound weights and a yoga ball in my living room. That last 40 pounds of baby fat doesn't work itself off.
2. Write in my hand written journal once a week
3. Finally organize the office (Our filing cabinet is scary!)
4. Go on at least 1 date a month with Steve (Hard to plan ahead with his schedule so it will be a quick decision) and dress up for it
5. Not be intimidated by cooking fish
6. Take myself to a spa DAY, the whole freaking DAY
7. Finally paint the console table I meant to do a year and a half ago
8. Actually keep my car clean
9. Have dinner ready on time (Can you tell I stay at home?)
10. Pay off that doctor bill we have had since 2008
11. Go on daily walks with the kids (Weather permitting)
12. Maybe, buy our own home again

Let's see how this all goes, I do not plan to do this in any set order, just what sounds good at the beginning of the month. Does anyone have any different/quirky resolutions of their own?

Happy Friday!

Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment