12.05.2011

Bring it ON MOnday! : Laundry Room/Pantry Organization

Hello and hope the start of your week is great! Today I bring you a giant, scary and crazy long project. Mostly to let all of you know, your not alone in that "one room". You know what I am talking about...

That room that hardly sees the light of day. Where all the things without a home, find one. Where the creepy crawlies live and you know that one shoe is in there somewhere! For most of you it is in your basement, others it is the room down the hall. But fear NOT! You can change this evil with a little hard work, sweat and nagging your husband to help.

We have a room in our basement that we use as storage for food and well, everything. It is also the laundry room. We are renters and I would love to make it cute if it is possible, but it's not ours. I have before and after photos for you. And feel free to judge me, I judged myself for this heap honestly. 

But an organization idea for you which can totally be used in your pantry is to sort your food by typical meals you eat. Like Italian or Mexican and so on. A lot of people just put stuff in where it can fit. Bad idea. This is just one simple, and free idea, to make dinner time a little easier. (I will have photos of that another day!) 

Enjoy a good laugh and oh my goodness and feel free to ask if I am a hoader. I am not. These are the before:



And it probably did not help that the owner of the house had stuff down there to from re-doing the house to try and sell. So we had to organized that first. The room is really large actually and the goal is to get a table down there to fold clothes on.

Middle:


And the end! Sort of... I had two sick kids this weekend so we will get to work on the finishing touches this week.


Happy Monday!

Bet

No comments:

Post a Comment