6.19.2012

10 Minute Jewelry Holder

I love a quick craft project. Anything more than a couple of hours starts to loose my attention. Not that I am ADD or ADHD (I have never known the difference), I just have more things to do with my time since I have two little kids running around destroying my house. So I did a quick project to enjoy myself for a few minutes. A 10 minute jewelry holder. I actually prompted me to go through the jewelry I have a give away things I do not wear. Considering I really only wear jewelry on Sundays to church, I thought about having less. One step at a time...

Just a blank canvas I had lying around

A bottle of $.97 paint, foam brush and tape that comes off easily--I did not have painters tape

Hard to see, but tape of the shape you want, I did stripes

Paint freely because there is tape to save you, I did not do the sides


I love the look of canvas

In photo: My hats, a jar for coin change to Disneyland in 5 years, my jewelry holder from an outlet store called DownEast Basics that sells discontinued Pottery Barn, my purses
The closet is a soon to be project. We had this giant armoire from our move and did not know where to put it. So it went in the closet and became my dresser of sorts. All my clothes are to the left, in a 2 foot spot. Everything else to the right and above is Steve's. Someday I will explain. 

When the paint dried, a whole 15 minutes, I put in some push pins in the frame of the canvas and hung my necklaces from it. Everything else jewelery wise in in the silver tray, find similar idea HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment