7.22.2012

Book Review: Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella

Who loves Sophie Kinsella??? (All women should be raising their hands).

I have read 4 of her books now. I have read the first 3 Shopaholic books and now have finished one of her newest books, Twenties Girl. 


It involves a single, twenty something woman who has started a company without knowing anything about what she is doing. She soon gains a ghost for a friend that happens to be her Great Aunt. Her Aunt needs her to help her have one last time good time, like she did in the 1920's, and to find a necklace she wants to be buried with.

I could not stop laughing to this fun and witty book. Sophie Kinsella (her real name is Madeline Wickham) is the queen of Chick-Lit for the last 10 years and only continues to get better. She started in 1997 and has changed women's literature forever. And not only is she a fantastic writer, but her and her husband have been together for a long time and they have 5 kids! She just gave birth in December to a daughter and then celebrated her 42nd birthday! Her oldest is 15. She is stylish and cute and I really wouldn't mind being her friend in real life. Really. I just need to move to England to make that happen first. 

What have you read by Sophie Kinsella? What is your favorite book? 

2 comments:

  1. I love Sophie Kinsella books - I haven't read this one yet but now I want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! I read it in about 3 days. And with two kids I was dragging but I loved it! It is one of her longer books and I loved it!

      Delete