7.26.2012

Nailed IT!

Has everyone seem the "Nailed It" pictures on Pinterest? Below is my favorite example.


And recently I have started getting a little crafty to take up some of my time when the kids are distracted or napping. I found this amazing pencil skirt tutorial Here at Cotton and Curls Blog. She has some of the coolest tutorials to make or revamp your clothes and frankly I am hooked on her posts. 

So, this pencil skirt requires 2 pieces of fabric, a seam down each side and a hem on top and bottom if you feel so enthused. 

Tell me, did I nail it?

Pardon the belly, it is taking it's own time going away. I say my post baby belly, but have stopped since Lilly is now 15 months. Now it is just the belly.
Yes, that is my messy living room behind me. I don't clean until the kids go to sleep. Today was, well, the day after being gone all day yesterday so they stayed like that overnight.

Pardon my 'been weeding the yard, about to get into the shower before the kids wake up' hair. Starting to notice some extra fabric at the top of the waist?
And here is about 3 inches of extra fabric around my waist, meaning, FAILED!
From the bottom of the hip down it fits perfectly... but I made the waist too large. Better than too little since I can take out the seam and cut some fabric out. I wore it to church recently and while I was teaching my lesson, I put Lilly from my lap to the floor and realized that the skirt was almost to my knees. I thought I could make it work with my shirt over the top of it.

Not so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment