3.05.2012

Bring it ON Monday! : Emergency Car Kit

How many of you like to take trips/long drives during the Spring and Summer? Me too! But since having children I get a little paranoid about breaking down on the side of the road. Every time Steve and I pass someone on the side of the road (never stop, they could be serial killers...In my mind) I always tell him I hope that never happens to me. 

But if it did, you should be prepared to keep your kids as comfy as possible. So here is 3/4 of the Emergency Car Kit I have.





I have a case of mini water bottles, that from time to time if we are thirsty, we can just drink one. Awhile back my sister in law and mother in law broke down on the side of the freeway in the middle of August and the only thing that kept the 3 kids going was that they had a lot of water. Plus, Lilly is still on formula for a couple of months and I need water to make it. You can get a case like this at any grocery store for around $3.


This is our First Aid Kit. It is a "has it all" kind of thing. Even rubber gloves. You never know what can happen, and it hardly takes up any space. But we like to go camping in the summer, so this is a must. (Find something similar here)


And this is the Kit. I think it was intended for a survival kit, but some of the things work for in the car. And Steve wanted it it there. There is a flashlight --with batteries! (very important)-- some pliers for who knows what alcohol wipes, a plastic bag (for the forensic people I guess), a mini first aid kit, an floatie for your keys if you end up in water, a poncho and a whistle (Which is kind of important... sometimes). Find similar here.

I hope you all take this into consideration. The only part I am missing is some kind of food source. I will probably put in some granola bars and a little chocolate, which is good to keep up energy. 

If you really wanted to go all out, you could get a syfone kit, a mini chair, flares, gas can, triangles, hand crank radio and so on. Honestly, if I needed all that stuff, I just dial AAA, that's what they are for. 

Happy Monday!

Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment