3.28.2012

Internet Down/Toddler Bed Mix Up

So I did not have internet the last day and a half. So my Monday post had to wait. But... you know those weekends where you have this one great project in mind to do? And tell everyone about it? Like on your blog... Yeah. My cute wall post is going to wait a couple of days. Because, other projects came up in between. 

And I mean plural projects. I had 3 projects I was working on this weekend and only one got done. And that was the yard with all of our new seeds and little trees and weeding and lawn fertilizing... so you can see why that took priority. 

Then I started on Isaiah's toddler bed. I got it at the Idaho Youth Ranch about a month ago for $6. But, it was only the head and foot board. Which I thought would be a great project for me to do and it is time for him to move out of the crib. (We have two kids in cribs right now). 

So we got all the supplies from Home Depot we needed, including MY new toy. 


Yes, it is a sander. Oh baby. 

Then when we started taking more measurements we realized that the head and foot board are for a Twin size bed. But we will be making a few small cuts and drilling a few holes, and then we will have the Toddler bed! But due to weather and spring cleaning and the like, it is on hold on the back porch until tomorrow. Where we will begin painting!

I started with the "spindles" inside the boards and they took forever!


I used an 80 grit paper for the sanding because they were really dirty and the paint was white, but rather old. And like I said, it took me 2 hours and when I finally finished it was time to get the kids in bed, plus the daylight was fading. I was doing it on my back porch due to the fact that we don't have a garage. 

This is what I looked like half way through: (Yes, those were black sweats)


I will be showing more pictures as we near the finish line of the Toddler Bed! And stay tuned tomorrow... my birch box came!

Bethany

1 comment:

  1. We are grateful for your dedication about this helpful post.thanks for explain this post with taking your important time.

    ReplyDelete