3.15.2012

My New Babies...

Steve and I have decided to do a vegetable garden this year since we have the space. Why? Several reasons:

We have not had a yard for 2 years, we must use it
We have 2 kids in diapers (even at Costco this is about $100 a month --with coupons--)
We know where our food will be coming from
And it will taste better, so fresh

For now though, the babies plants must live indoors because Idaho is known to have snow in May. Seriously. So they need to wait until there will not be another frost. 

My husband reminded me I was suppose to put them in Dixie cups, but I was so excited I forgot. This is what the corner of the office looks like:


Which brings me to another point, those of you without a yard, you can still have a veggie garden. You just do the above. It is called a Container Garden. Just put in a few seeds to each pot and grow. They will need to stay inside for a few more weeks, but then put them by your front door or back porch and even a window sill. I do not recommend inside, my office now smells of dirt!

Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment