5.24.2012

Book Review: One Fifth Avenue

I just finished reading Candice Bushnell's One Fifth Avenue and I really liked it. Candice Bushnell should sound a little bit familiar to you. She only wrote the book Sex and the City that inspired the hit T.V. show and movies, as well as Lipstick Jungle that had a 2 season running show. 


I am a stay at home mom and don't get out a lot. So, I read when I can. And One Fifth gave me an outlet as well as some drama! There were just a couple spots that were inappropriate in my mind, don't care to read about people having sexing. But overall it was a great book.

It goes back and forth between the lives of 5 women living in one of the choice apartment buildings in New York City (where all of Bushnell's books take place since she lives there). You quickly get caught up in the dirty secrets of their lives and it is rather similar to Sex and the City and Lipstick Jungle. (Which I own Lipstick Jungle and will be reading very soon) One Fifth is a read that will take you about a week to read, maybe a little more if you can only read for a little bit in bed at night. I actually picked my hardcover copy at Barnes and Noble on clearance for $5. Enjoy!

Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment