5.22.2012

Evening for a Mother

Every now and then when I go to check on my kids before I go to bed, I come back out of their rooms crying. My husbands always asks what is wrong. What he does not realize is that when you become a mother, usually you cry more of pure joy than sadness.

When I look at Lilly and Isaiah sleeping so soundly, listen to their breath go in and out making their chests slowly rise, and I play their blankets back on them, I am over taken with pure happiness. I never would have known the endless love I hold for them before they were placed in my arms. And this feeling still happens every now and then in the dark of night when I can just look at them and the only way to show the intense burst of emotions inside of me is to cry.

 Life has never been better, than when I am with my children while they are dancing around me and laughing at my silly faces. But sometimes in the dead of the night when I can smell their baby shampoo and stroke their perfect blonde hair, take out the occasional toy, I reconnect with the moment they became mine. And for that I am eternally grateful.

Bethany

2 comments:

  1. Sweet post, Bethany! Even though I am not ready for kids of my own any time soon, I can't wait to experience the same feeling you are talking about. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure take your time, my husband and I did. So when we did become parents, there was no hesitantion about whether or not we were ready.
      And it is an amazing feeling. Nothing better.

      Delete