5.21.2012

My Taste, My Home

Today I am highlighting my downstairs family room "media wall". Pardon the lighting, we only have two small windows that hardly let in any light. 

Shelves: Ikea//Frame: Target//Picture: Self painted

This small wall is to the right of our T.V. I needed something to keep the Wii/T.V. remotes from the kids, and to have all the kid's movies on hand. I had originally bought these shelves for the kid's bathroom and mine but did not like the way they would have looked. I feel like I need something to the left of the frame... any suggestions? 

 

This picture frame I bought about 5 years ago and needed something to spruce up the wall. I felt like painting one day and had this leaf stencil from a Christmas gift I painted for someone. I just use Arcyllic paints since they are easy. 


You can see the frame the T.V. sits in the left of the shelves. There is a hole in the wall it rest in. Which is nice because it does not stick out from the wall. But this way all of favorite movies and games are right there next to the T.V.


The best part is having a set place for ALL the remotes. Between the remotes and controllers, there are 6, and it is nice to just go to the shelf and find them all there when we need them. 

What kind of ways do you organize your media needs?

Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment