5.01.2012

Date Night!

Steve and I had date number 5 this last Friday night since Isaiah was born 26 months ago. I know, terrible. We had just under 2 hours to get ready when we realized we could get away. My hair was in a pony tail due to having to make dinner for the babies.

But we had fun with our little getaway. We got a sitter, one of my Young Women at church that I have the pleasure of advising. We went to Olive Garden for dinner (Yumm!), Cold Stone Creamery for dessert, and then Toys R Us for Lilly's birthday that was on Sunday, then Barnes and Noble to look at some books. (We get books for our kids for birthdays and Christmas' and everywhere in between)

Wait, your thinking, Toys R Us on Date Night? Yes, when you have little ones, it is hard to escape them. Plus, we live 30 minutes from where we were and it is not that convenient to get there. So we bundle it into one. 

At dinner though, I realized my sitter did not have a phone and we do not have a home phone. I had to call her mother and she took a spare cell phone over for us as a just in case. Otherwise the date would have been cut rather short...

Had the sitter take this picture... You can sort of see Steve
On our way home we were rather quiet, 5 hours being together alone is weird, and we realized we were both thinking about the kids. Funny how that works out. But I was telling Steve how full I was from dinner. He piped in, "I am too full for any ..." Use your imagination.  Way to make a girl feel special was my first thought... and then realized it was a fact not a strike against me and I was too full too. We have been married for 5 years and have 2 kids. The honeymoon phase is defiantly over. And that is just fine with me. 

Bethany
P.S. But sooner or later we will have a night or two away, and I demand honeymoon phase! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment