5.07.2012

My Tastes in My Home

So I am starting a new, very short, series on the decor in my home. Mostly because I am in the process of changing my tastes and need to see it out there to decide if I still like it. 

To start, I have always LOVED monograms. They seem so retro, chic and modern all together. And it is such a personal touch without being a picture, which can be overwhelming sometimes. 

Monogram  Monogram  Monogram 
 There is this one I found off of Pinterest that is so cute! If I ever had the right style of home, I would totally do this!

crayon monogram crayon monogram crayon monogram 
As well from Pinterest, this is so cute for kids! Here they are giving it to their teacher, but could still be used in the home. 

Family Monogram Wall Decal - Vinyl Wall Stickers Art Graphics Words Lettering 
This vinyl decal found here on Etsy is another option that has an amazing look and can have endless possibilities with the look. 

3 Initial Wooden Monogram

And the 3 letter idea is catching on as well. You could display it at a wedding and then use it in your home afterward or give as a gift, to yourself! Found here on Etsy.

My personal favorite is my own wooden monogram I had customed made at 3" Feet Tall from Wall Candy Decor.


Pardon the window to the right of it, but I LOVE it! I did it in a turquoise color, one of my new favorites. This is hanging in my living room and is taller than my 2 year old son! I am still trying to figure out what to do with the window, I want to make curtains, but when I tried to put up my longest rod, it was too short, by over a foot. This window is huge! But I think my theme is going to be turquoise and a light purple along with hints of grey. 

Why not yellow like everyone else because I am in love with it? My husband hates yellow, because at a house we used to own in the past, my yellow color choice for our bedroom was not from the swatch, and he woke up hungry every morning he said to honey mustard. It was bad, but I never told him and then we sold the house before dealing with it. 

This is the start to my new home decor. Before we moved into our rental the first weekend of this last November, there was nothing because I was so tired of it, when we moved out of our apartment, I just got rid of most of it... too drastic?

Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment