4.30.2012

Double Header Post Today!

So to start my post off today,

THIS IS MY 100TH BLOG POST!

Just a little excited. And I would like to say how thankful I am for all your comments that have been coming in. Especially about my 5K that was coming up.

Thank You!

Which leads into the double of this post...

********************


Pardon the chubby post baby belly. (My legs are looking amazing from running, not so much with the gut...) This is me right after my 5k on Saturday! It felt so good! I had to wait to take a picture until I got back to my friend's house to get my kids. I ran it alone, Steve had to work, but it was a totally great 30 degrees out, so I would feel really bad if someone was waiting there for me. 

I finished the race in 36 minutes and 14 seconds. Number 134 of 207. Kind of sad in a way, but I am so proud of myself. The day before when I did a practice run, it took me 39 minutes and 45 seconds. I shaved off 3 and a half minutes for race day! 

3 things I noticed:
-A man the same as my father (60's) passing me and finishing probably by 15 minutes faster. No exaggeration.
-Being passed by a 7 year old in the last mile. Seriously?!
-Being beaten by a whole 2 minutes by a woman who would stop and walk, then run, walk, run. I never stopped!

Either way I am proud of myself, and the run was so much fun. They had Powerade, Bagels and Kiwi Loco Yogurt at the end. And we raised money for Polio. Not too shabby.

And I saw that a lot of other people had races Saturday as well... way to go ladies! Nothing better than working up a sweat. 

My favorite quote they put up for us while running, "It will feel better when it stops hurting." There is a point where it does, when you see the finish line ahead.

Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment