2.10.2012

Full Crock Pot Cilantro Citrus Chicken

So, I have very little time sometimes to cook a meal later in the day when my children are up. As I am sure many of you do too as well. Or if you are in college, work a lot or just have a lot to do in one day. 

My solution to this necessity in life is called: the Super Crock Pot! Yes, the Super Crock Pot does all the cooking/seasoning/making your home smell good for you in just a few wondrous minutes. Please use this secret weapon daily if you wish!

Below I have for you one of the easiest ways to cook a full chicken. (Insides excluded of course). 


 Spray the entire inside of your crock pot with cooking spray. Put in about 3 cups of chicken broth and 1 cup of water. You could do 4 cups of broth, but in my family just all broth is too salty.


 Then, season the bird with your favorite basic seasonings. Cover with Cilantro and put in extra in the broth. I also used a Smoked Wood Sea Salt that is to die for! I got it from this Etsy Shop-Salt Farm. We use it a lot!


Then layer with lemons and oranges. I cooked it for about 6 or so hours on high. It just fell off the bone! We enjoyed it with some cous cous and broccoli. 

(Sorry, no after pictures, could not help ourselves from just eating!)

Hope it is as amazing for you!

Bethany

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I am deathly afraid of poultry, so I always have Mark cook it! lol...now if I could only find my crockpot...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am bid on having meat or poultry cooked all the way! I am constantly asking Steve if "it is done" when he cooks, and he is really great at it!
      This crockpot way is great, it is always done when you check it, you know?

      Delete