2.07.2012

What is your Love Story?!

Today through Valentine's Day I am linking up with the totally cool blog, From Mrs. to Mama on Steve and I's love story! How fun is that!
 
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We will have been together for almost 7 1/2 years!

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
We were going to the same church years ago that was for "single adults". I was trying to date his cousin since he had money and I was looking for something to do. Not marriage by any means. I was going to move back home to Oregon and get back with my first love, my high school boyfriend. Or so I thought. Steve actually really didn't like me for awhile. (He thought I was rude and to much to talk to)
 
He lived with this cousin and I saw him here and there. Another roommate who I was friends with suggested to him to ask me out. It took a bit but he agreed.Our first date was watching Love Actually while I was babysitting for a friend. (The baby was asleep). 
 
And from there we were off and on for 2 1/2 years. He broke up with me, I broke up with him. He asked me to marry him, I asked him to marry me. Finally in a brief moment of mental insanity or mental clearness, still not sure, I said "Let's do this in 3 months!" He had didn't complain. We got married Easter weekend 2007 in between my Winter and Spring semesters.  
3. If married, how long have you been married?
We have been married for 5 years in April.
 
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
 We were married in the The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints Idaho Falls, Idaho Temple. Which was a small ceremony of about 12. The reception was smaller as well and we maybe had around 75 people come.
 
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
 My nickname for Steve is Doughnut. Can't really remember why... and his nickname for me is "The General". (When it comes to housework)
 
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
 1. When he cooks for me it is because he is really trying to do something nice for me. That is a sign of love for him.
2. He works really hard for our family. In the winters he gets laid off so throughout the rest of the year he works like crazy to make our kids and I's lives easier. He works in the cold and can go over a day at a time, sometimes more, with no sleep. 
3. He is hilarious! Constantly making us jokes and teasing. Everything is funny to him. And when I need a pick me up he makes me laugh. And he makes everyone around him laugh too.
 
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
 At that point in our relationship we just agreed to get married. He told me like a week after we got married that if I did not say yes when I did he was going to dump me with the month. Nice honeymoon talk...
 
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
 He is a flowers and strawberries kind of guy. Half of each!
 
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Depends on how the kids were for the day.... ha. A movie on the couch in baggy pair of sweats. 
 
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I want to go on a month long cruise to Europe. I think after that I would need to get away from him. Just kidding honey!
 
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. 
 If he is home we are just planning on a dinner out. We have been on 1 date since Lilly was born, 3 since Isaiah was born. Seeing a pattern yet?
 
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
 No. But some quality time away from the house without the kids. Not that I don't love them, but sometimes I forget I am an adult.
 
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. 
 Telling him how grateful I am for what he does to help with the house and kids. There is a lot to do and sometimes Steve does more to help when he is exhausted from work.
 
14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.
 This is our family picture for our Christmas card for 2011. This is love in my eyes, the family we have built together. Our children. 

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!
What is your Love Story?

Bethany

2 comments:

  1. what a sweet family you have here! thank you for sharing your story with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great idea! How many of us actually sit down and remember our love stories?! We sometimes just think about Valentine's as another gift day.
    This was a good reminder for me!

    ReplyDelete